New Conferences for 2015
- European Biosolar Roof Conference – London, on 28th September 2015. For further details see their conference website.
- 1st European Urban Green Infrastructure Conference 2015 – November 23 – 24, 2015 in Vienna, Austria. For further details see their conference website.
Urban Grey To Urban Green
World Green Roof Congress, Copenhagen – 18-21 September 2012
The 2012 World Green Roof Congress, Copenhagen, will bring together the leading practitioners – policy makers, architects, designers, urban planners, manufacturers, engineering, environmental and ecological consultants – from around the world to highlight the need to transform urban grey to urban green.
Hosted by the city of Copenhagen – supported by the Danish Ministry for Climate, Energy and Building and the Lord Mayor of Copenhagen – the scene is set for a congress that has sustainability at its core. Copenhagen’s ambitious goal of being carbon neutral by 2025 means that Green Roofs are embedded as an integral part of political policy.
World Green Roof Congress 2012 will be a unique opportunity for all congress attendees to realise the opportunities and challenges of greening cities through the utilisation of Green Roof technologies.
WGRC 2012 Congress Highlights
- Learn from respected international experts including, Architect Emilio Ambasz; Michael Berkshire – Green Projects Administrator, City of Chicago; Shirley Ling – Skyrise Greenery, Singapore; Martin Lidegaard – Danish Minister for Climate, Energy & Building; Tina Saaby – City Architect for Copenhagen; Bruce Hemstock, PWL Partnerships; Paul Kephart, Principal, Rana Creek
- Over 45 presentations from world thought leaders on the challenges and opportunities for Green Roofs
- Practical information on the cost, savings and benefits of Green Roofs
- Mayoral Panel discussion – Mayors from Europe, North America, Asia, the Middle East and Australasia have been invited to share their city vision as it relates to sustainability and city greening
- Green Roof Tours – see the best exemplars of Scandinavian design and practical application on our two tours
- Choose from parallel sessions that focus on key themes – Water, Architecture, Plants & Biodiversity, Landscapes & Master Planning, Hot & Arid, Food Finance and Contracts, and Energy
- Time to network with colleagues, old and new
As cities in the 21st century transform into megacities, the challenge for Green Roof practitioners will be to integrate Green Roofs into policy and practice, design, planning and construction in a cohesive way to ensure cities are equipped to withstand the challenges of the fast changing environment.
Many cities such as Copenhagen, Chicago and Singapore are recognising this need for integration and are preparing their cities for the future. Make sure you join us and play your part in the transformation of cities from urban grey to urban green.